The Women’s Global Call for Climate Justice Campaign
Women and girls from every region of the world are creating a mass movement for climate justice.
The Women’s Global Call for Climate Justice is a global campaign organized collectively by a group of regionally diverse women’s rights and feminist organizations brought together by the urgent need for just action on climate change.
Launched on July 14th 2015, the campaign aims to encourage actions from women’s groups, feminist initiatives and allied organizations in all regions, countries, cities and communities around the world. These coordinated actions were critical last year in the lead up to COP21 and now, post-COP21, it is even more important to continue implementing actions in order to ensure climate justice around the world.
With the support of thousands of individuals and organizations as well as coordination from the Campaign’s Coordinating Committee, the campaign is mobilizing individuals – From educational workshops and film screenings to concerts and marathons, all in the name of climate justice, the Women’s Global Call for Climate Justice is demanding change.
The campaign encompasses all of the complexities of climate change especially the interlinkages between climate change and gender with a focus on the following six themes: energy, economy, solutions, survival, power, and climate justice.
Vera Valentine, USA
Juliette Delorme, France
THE CAMPAING CALLS FOR…
- System change not climate change
- Avoiding a 1.5 degree global temperature rise
- Ensuring gender equality and human rights in all climate actions
- Keeping oil and fossil fuels in the ground
- Transitioning to 100% safe and renewable energy
- Implementing energy efficiency and conservation measures everywhere, by everyone
- Dramatic and urgent reduction in production and consumption patterns by everyone, including and especially by those who have contributed the most to this problem from the developed world
- Commitment by developed countries to take the lead in the fight to address the climate crisis and to provide developing countries with the means to mitigate and adapt to climate change, in a spirit of solidarity and justice
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
Visit the Women’s Global Call for Climate Justice Website to endorse the call, become a partner, share an action, read the latest campaign news, and download resources such as toolkits and logos in English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, Chinese and Portuguese. Be sure to also checkout the campaign’s social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!